RE: Multi-Processor support

Well the biggest issue running NetBSD on a BeBox is the lack of a mesi
protocol on the BeBox when running 603 chips.  NetBSD and most smp OSs
expect at a minimum that the memory system and the processors are reasonably
coherent with respect to each other.  If not, then you end up adding alot of
overhead to ensure that locks are treated correctly and that tasks migrate
to other processors under tightly controlled conditions.  These sorts of
requirements will hamper performance and scaling to more than 2 processors.

bill rees