Re: problem with starting X in -current.

matthew green wrote:

On 05.01.19 06:29:06 you wrote:

> there are the old and the new drivers.  the new one ONLY supports
> DRM with KMS, so it's so far is only useful for x86.

But... for that reason I would expect that DRM/KMS drivers won't be part of
the xserver.tgz release for any other port than i386 or amd64?

Or does "so far" mean that it is planned to make those drivers useful for
all ports, even with restrictions (like hardware-accelerated GL, etc.)?

(Sorry, I didn't follow all discussions about it.)

> last time i tried to make the old driver work on amd64 it was
> more effort than i could remember how to do. :-(  i was able
> to get X started, but not anything like Xvideo or GL.

So it was only a dumb frame buffer? Ok, Xvideo would be nice, but I have
never seen GL working on any of my NetBSD machines anway. ;)

--
Frank Wille