Re: Pegasos II and its gigabit port

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:15:25 -0800
Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost> wrote:

> It would be nice if it work instead of relying on the vr0.

It doesn't?

Kiyohara implemented mvgbe(4) support together with gt_mainbus.c in
June 2010. The driver is enabled in the GENERIC config file.

> The openfirmare doesn't even have nodes for them and thus no
> properties in which a mac addr could be stored.

This is not needed as mvgbe(4) reads the MAC address from the chip's
registers.

> Has anyone gotten to work?

It works for me, although I have to admit that the performance is very
bad. It is even much slower than the vr(4) port, so I never use it.

> So should I just put in a wm?

If you need a really fast NIC, yes. ;)

--
Frank Wille