re: call for testers - switching ofppc to xorg X11

> >> [...]
> > if it doesn't work, i'll see about getting my system setup.
>
> It doesn't work. I can neither run "X -configure" nor start with a working
> xorg.conf. I'm always getting a fatal server error:
>
> Fatal server error:
> xf86OpenConsole: No console driver found
>         Supported drivers:
>         Check your kernel's console driver configuration and /dev entries
>
> There are no console drivers? Probably you forgot to define WSCONS_SUPPORT
> somewhere?

i got around to testing this myself.  i have a problem with X -configure
doesn't work because it tries to enable IO access via xf86EnableIO()
and the PCI_MAGIC_IO_RANGE code (ppc_video.c) but the screxf86Info.screenFd
is set to -1 so it doesn't work:

[   333.725] (WW) xf86EnableIO -1
[   333.725] (II) xf86EnableIO: ffffffff
[   333.726] (WW) Can't map IO space!
[   333.728] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for wsfb

but the old probe method doesn't do anything.

mac?  any ideas off hand?

.mrg.