Re: pegasosII crash at boot with -current

VMX/AltiVec instructions. ..or does that need -gfxoption?

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010, Frank Wille wrote:

matthew green wrote:

ah, the problem was this in my config:

  makeoptions    CPUFLAGS="-O2 -mcpu=7400"

dunno what, but it breaks now.

Strange. I couldn't even think of any different instructions which would be
generated by gcc for a G4 in difference to a G3.

Was gcc updated between your last successful attempt and now?

Another point to check would be if other PPC ports are also affected. I
could try to build a macppc kernel for my PowerBook with -mcpu=7400.

 Al Boyanich
 adb -w -P "world> " -k /dev/meta/galaxy/ksyms /dev/god/brain