RE: Current hangs at boot

On 08-May-2008 Jochen Kunz wrote:
> Current as of versions 4.99.60 and 4.99.62 (updated yesterday) hang
> when booting at the OpenPIC on a 43P-150. On a 44P-170 the kernel
> doesn't even start. See below. Any ideas?

I dunno.. I updated my sources saturday (just after the crypto import) and I've
test booted the resulting kernel and ofwboot from that on my Pegasos II, my
7044-270, and your 7046-B50, and all seemed to work.  (Tested them about 2
minutes ago)

So either I have uncommitted code in my repository (I don't think I do), you do,
or you caught it on a bad day?

You said you tried it on a 150 and a 170..  I don't think I've tried those
before, though I really do expect them to work.  Can you hook them up to your
remote console thingie, or try the kernel/ofwboot I booted your 7046 with?

Maybe something is slightly odd about the 150/170?

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/