Re: SmartFirmware /memory (was: Pegasos dmesg)

On 24-Mar-2008 Frank Wille wrote:
> The battable[] already contains a valid VA==PA entry for 0x10000000. This is
> done automatically by oea_batinit(), which calls mem_regions() and takes it
> from the "reg" property of "/memory".
>
> So it doesn't help. System crash on the first OF-call, when adding the
> region to "available".

What about getting it added to the available set, and then running the map
command in OF to create a translation for it.

>> That, or run through it with pmap_enter to
>> add it all to the page table?
>
> Honestly I don't know where to do that. Would it make any difference?

It might.  You can try it real quick by fiddling with the if 0'd code at the
bottom of pmap.c inside the PMAP_NEED_MAPKERN

> I talked with two MorphOS team members in the last days, and they completely
> ignore the (broken) "available" property. As a workaround they don't even
> instantiate RTAS, but call it at a fixed address!

Ick.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/