Re: FirePower (was Re: TODO list for ofppc)

matt%genesi-usa.com@localhost wrote:

> Tim Rightnour wrote:
> > On 25-Jan-2008 Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> >> panic: intr_establish: bogus IRQ 25, max is -1
> >
> > (Awesome work up to that point, everything looked great)
> >
> > So.. two things about this concern me.  First, when I looked through your
> > firepower OFW dump, I never saw anything labeled as an interrupt
> > controller.
> > So, it never wired one up.  I guess you will have to throw an extra quirk in
> > for this machine to assume it has an 8259.  (at least, I'm assuming thats
> > what
> > it uses here)
>
> If it's CHRP it should be OpenPIC.
>
> There may be an i8259 interrupt controller chained off it, but I think you
> could assume the Motorola OF boxes are CHRP compatible in that sense..

Ah, the log is from FirePower, not PowerStack.
I don't know openpic spec, but accroding to old
ofppc/firepower stuff, Firepower machines seem to have
their own interrupt controllers:
http://cvsweb.NetBSD.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/arch/ofppc/firepower/Attic/firepower_intr.c?rev=1.10

(0-15 for ISA, 16-19 for softint, 22,23,26 for PCI?)
---
Izumi Tsutsui