Re: pci_attach_hook() tweaks

On 30-Nov-2007 Frank Wille wrote:
> Ok, I have cleared the native-mode bits in the PCI-interface register, but
> the result is that the controller is dead, and no more drives will be found.

I know someone told us we have to futz with it, but.. umm.. why?  Are we
actually seeing a problem here, or are we just doing it because linux did?

I'm kinda inclined to punt on it until we have the machine coming up in single
and we can test the actual drives out, specifically because you are having
problems with it once you fiddle the bits.

Speaking of which, there is definately a problem with userland, as I can't seem
to get fork to work properly, and init just kinda freaks out.  I haven't looked
into this at all yet, as this was the first time I decided to actually give it
a go.  Maybe one of the header files is missing something, or there is a clock
issue.  (Clock issue strikes me as a definate possibility, I don't think I ever
fiddled with the clock other than the rtas initialization of it)

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/