Re: map_isa_ioregs

Matt Sealey wrote:

On 09.11.07 08:36:02 you wrote:

> As for the "display" node, if you have a VGA graphics card in there, but
> it's in text mode on boot (that means, everyone with a public firmware,
> and everyone on Efika who didn't setenv fb-mode) it usually presents
> itself as device_type "serial" - it isn't serial, but it *is* an ANSI
> terminal emulator so ANSI terminal code for a serial port (as long as
> you're outputting using firmware read/write methods) works.

So this is different to the Pegasos? *sigh*

> I'm curious about the "bootconsole" thing though. I've never seen that?

With SmartFirmware 1.2 I got the following assignments for "name" and
"device_type":

console type: |    serial      keyboard/display
stdin name    |   failsafe       keyboard
stdin type    |   serial         keyboard
stdout name   |   failsafe       bootconsole
stdout type   |   serial         bootconsole

This is different for Efika? Or does it change with every SF release? :|

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/