Re: Current EFIKA status?

Frank Wille wrote:
Matt Sealey wrote:

Like I said, the device-tree PCI nodes know what they are doing; they
are implicitly bound to the host controller.

RTAS just accepts bus, device, function as a configuration address. It
has no idea which one to look at without some internal hackery. It has
no clue about seperate host controllers.

Oh, now I clearly see the problem. This means RTAS cannot be used on the
Pegasos2, because we have two times bus 0?

It should work on Pegasos2, try it and see.. as far as I know it has a fair
clue of what card you WANT to access because of the basic topology of the
system.

Our firmware knows the difference,

Yes, when using the config-l method on the correct node.

Should in RTAS too (there is only one card on domain 0) but, I wouldn't
rely on this magic for other CHRP systems. Linux just scans the PCI bus
directly using the host controller offsets.. but, that should be a last
resort.

--
Matt Sealey <matt%genesi-usa.com@localhost>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations