Re: Current EFIKA status?

Like I said, the device-tree PCI nodes know what they are doing; they
are implicitly bound to the host controller.

RTAS just accepts bus, device, function as a configuration address. It
has no idea which one to look at without some internal hackery. It has
no clue about seperate host controllers.

Our firmware knows the difference, I have no clue about anyone else, but
in the end - Apple are the biggest user of OF besides Sun, and neither
of them implement RTAS *growl*. Use RTAS, fall back to config-[lwb][@!]
if you don't have RTAS, and it will work. Expect funny behaviour if
RTAS is broken somehow. But Linux uses RTAS on the Efika - ostensibly
to work around the AGP/PCI distinction in firmware at some point.

On the Discovery it just uses native PCI bus access.

--
Matt Sealey <matt%genesi-usa.com@localhost>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations

Frank Wille wrote:
Matt Sealey wrote:

Currently I'm not smart enough to see a reason why the "PCI domain" can be a problem, but the rest sounds conclusive.

For instance if you send a configuration space request for bus 0, device 1,
function 8.. how does it know which host controller? :)

When using config-l@ with the OFW-handle of the first PCI-node,
I expect it to read from the config registers of the first
host controller.

There are separate registers for the two PCI host controllers,
or not? At least it seems so from the OpenBSD source.