Re: Current EFIKA status?

On 19-Oct-2007 Matt Sealey wrote:
> For instance if you send a configuration space request for bus 0, device 1,
> function 8.. how does it know which host controller? :)

On PReP machines, and I think some IBM CHRP machines they present each pci host
bridge with a complete set of config registers in a diferent location.  That
way you can operate them both.

Not that I disagree in any way that RTAS would be a plus to have and use in the
future.  It will solve a whole bunch of other issues.

As for your other post regarding the i8259 and whatnot, what you said is pretty
much what I had assumed you were doing.  Obviously you aren't using a real 8259
in there, nobody sane would.  This isn't too different than what I dealt with
on prep, as there too, it was a bunch of "emulated" hardware in a superio chip.
Most of this so far is the same hardware in a different firmware wrapper, all
of my work is just in decoding how the wrapper presents it to me.

The only thing that really threw me was the lack of interrupt properties on all
the pci devices, and a lack of an interrupt map property on the machine.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/