Re: RTAS

Aymeric Vincent wrote:
What I'm asking myself for a long time: do we need the ofw-bus at all,
when it is our goal to run the ofppc-port with real NetBSD drivers rather than
using the OFW-devices?

Why not, but then we need a way to "claim" a device from the tree
because two drivers from two different parts of the device tree may
then claim the same device.

Just add a property to it's device node, "netbsd,in-use" and make sure you
check it off. That should stop devices from being touched if they already
have a driver loaded - as long as drivers remember to set the property when
they run..

--
Matt Sealey <matt%genesi-usa.com@localhost>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations