Re: PCI config (was: Current EFIKA status?)

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:23:10 +0200
Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost> wrote:

> Maybe you can save some of your work by including it in the
> ppcoea-renovation branch? The config-l@/! method can be easily added,
> for example.
I am afraid I will not have much time left to work on this in the near
future as I started to continue my CS study. :-(

> I will have a look. Unfortunately it makes no sense to work on it,
> when it is never commited. :|
I did not want to commit it without interrupt support. It needed some
polishing and review also. When I was investigating this
ppcoea-renovation happend. So I decided to wait for this to complete.
ppcoea-renovation is a moving target, lots of conflicts and thus a waste
of time would have been the result.

Also: ppcoea-renovation broke RS/6000 support somehow. I can't get any
console IO via OFW. I tried, poked around, but could not find the
reason. It is quite frustrating if you wane do some work but can't get
any console IO. (My primary developement hardware is a 43P-150 / B50.)

Maybe someone else may have a look at this issue?

Though, once ppcoea-renovation has settled / is merged into HEAD, I'll
have a look into it again. I still wane bring NetBSD to CHRP (i.e.
black) RS/6000 hardware. Things like the Pegasos or the Efika should be
quite easy once RS/6000 works.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen