Re: booting Efika with ppc-oea-renovation

Frank Wille wrote:

> How can we determine that we have to map ISA IO or not?

Look for an "isa" bus node as defined by the Open Firmware specification.

Don't do ANYTHING that isn't in the device tree. If you think something
should be in the device tree and it isn't.. bug me and I'll send you my
Forth script which adds device tree nodes for the rest of the MPC5200B.
You can boot it before you boot NetBSD :]

There is no point mapping isa if you don't have an ISA bus. On the
Pegasos though the NetBSD could should be very careful that it is
not ISA, it is merely an LPC controller which acts like an ISA bus,
and it is in fact a native PCI device. Therefore maybe it should be
mapped differently (please don't start making crazy mappings in the
first 64kb to IO registers..)

> other hand, might need it. Or maybe the Efika doesn't fit into ofppc at all,
> and should go into evbppc?

I'd suggest keeping it in ofppc. *device tree*.

--
Matt Sealey <matt%genesi-usa.com@localhost>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations