Re: booting Efika with ppc-oea-renovation

Tim Rightnour wrote:

> On 06-Jul-2007 Frank Wille wrote:
>> pmap_bootstrap: UVM memory = 101 MB (26060 pages)
>
> Oh.. well.. that means you made it all the way through pmap_bootstrap and
> back into initppc.

Not really. ;)

Sorry, I'm wasting your time! I forgot another debugging modification of me.
A "for (;;)" at the end of pmap_bootstrap()!

Now I'm sure the source is clean an updated again.

> Now I would go back into ofwoea_initppc() and start
> throwing printfs around after pmap_bootstrap and see where it hangs.

The only remaining problem was that it cannot map ISA IO. The call caused
the same crash as seen in Jochen's post.

As the Efika has no ISA IO area, everything is included in the 5200B SoC, I
have just disabled the call and reached askroot:

NetBSD 4.99.20 (EFIKA) #4: Sat Jul  7 22:53:53 CEST 2007

frank%compaq.owl.de@localhost:/usr/src_current/sys/arch_ppcoea-renovation/ofppc/compile/obj/EFIKA
total memory = 128 MB
avail memory = 99 MB
bootpath
mainbus0 (root)
cpu0 at mainbus0: G2 (Revision 1.4), ID 0 (primary)
cpu0: HID0 90c000<DOZE,DPM,ICE,DCE>, powersave: 1
cpu0: 396.00 MHz
Unhandled pic node type node=7c57d30
ofbus0 at mainbus0
ofbus1 at ofbus0 (openprom)
client-services at ofbus1 not configured
aliases at ofbus0 not configured
options at ofbus0 not configured
ofbus2 at ofbus0 (packages)
terminal-emulator at ofbus2 not configured
deblocker at ofbus2 not configured
disk-label at ofbus2 not configured
obp-tftp at ofbus2 not configured
chosen at ofbus0 not configured
memory@0 at ofbus0 not configured
ofbus3 at ofbus0 (cpus)
PowerPC,G2 at ofbus3 not configured
rtas at ofbus0 not configured
ofcons0 at ofbus0 (failsafe)
ofbus4 at ofbus0 (builtin@F0000000)
pic@F0000500 at ofbus4 not configured
bestcomm@F0001200 at ofbus4 not configured
sram@F0008000 at ofbus4 not configured
ofbus5 at ofbus4 (ata@F0003A00)
disk@0,0 at ofbus5 not configured
bestcomm-task at ofbus5 not configured
usb@F0001000 at ofbus4 not configured
ofbus6 at ofbus4 (ethernet@F0003000)
bestcomm-rxtask at ofbus6 not configured
bestcomm-txtask at ofbus6 not configured
ofbus7 at ofbus4 (sound@F0002200)
bestcomm-rxtask at ofbus7 not configured
bestcomm-txtask at ofbus7 not configured
serial@F0002000 at ofbus4 not configured
ofbus8 at ofbus4 (pcidma@F0003800)
bestcomm-txtask at ofbus8 not configured
ofbus9 at ofbus0 (pci@80000000)
display@10 at ofbus9 not configured
display@10,1 at ofbus9 not configured
boot device: <unknown>
root device:

How can we determine that we have to map ISA IO or not? The Pegasos, on the
other hand, might need it. Or maybe the Efika doesn't fit into ofppc at all,
and should go into evbppc?

To do:
- bootpath is missing (easy to fix)
- ofwpci is not detected (SmartFirmware shows: /pci@80000000)
- The PIC type is unknown (only 8259 and openpic supported)

I guess the last point will be the biggest task. There should be a new
directory in sys/arch/powerpc, called mpc52xx, or similar, which will
contain all the builtin 52xx functions.

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/