Re: NetBSD/ofppc on Pegasos asking for boot partition

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:26:22 +0100, Jochen Kunz
<jkunz%unixag-kl.fh-kl.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 01:24:16PM +0100, Jorge Acereda wrote:
>
> > I have NetBSD/ofppc on the Pegasos board at the point where it asks
> > for a boot partition. It even mounted my ext Gentoo partition :-)
> Are you using the generic OFW drivers or do you have a real PCI
> attachment?

Generic OFW drivers. Haven't worked on PCI yet.

> Is the Pegasos somthing special or is it PReP or CHRP or?

It is supossed to be CHRP-compliant.

> Does the Pegasos have an OpenPIC?

Nope.

> > I'll try a NFS mount tonight and will post the results.
> I am already at single user with NFS root useing the generic OFW
> drivers. This worked out of the box.

Not in my case. The SmartFirmware has problems with unclaimed memory
(OF_avail reported _all_ the memory). I also had to adjust
openfirmware() to what it was in 1.6.2.

Greetings,
  Jorge Acereda