Port-newsmips archive

Re: patch for generic software interrupts

At 2:49 AM +0900 4/30/03, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
In article <a05100301bad4324149f7@[10.0.0.10]>
raub%kudria.com@localhost wrote:

        Since I am yet to install netbsd in my box, all I can say is:
 if it works, I am happy.  Do let me know when I can try a new
 snapshot! =)

The generic softintr patch would not help serial console problem
on NWS-3xx0, but it seems that the problem occurs when both
TX and RX interrupts happen at the same time.
Then I guess the workaround is to avoid pressing any keys
when screen is being drawed on the terminal.

Unfortunately, in my case once the screen "hiccups" after the message saying the hard drive had not been initialized, I can leave the machine on for hours and it will not continue. If I keep holding the space bar, the screen is then redrawn, one character for every time I press the space bar. =(

Only NWS-3xx0 has the problem and NWS-5000 works fine
so I wonder which source has the problem..

Does anyone see the similar problem on the other ports which use
MI z8530sc driver?
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost