Port-newsmips archive

Re: bug fix of boot failure on news3400 (Re: Anybody there?)

At 5:08 PM -0400 4/22/03, Mauricio wrote:
At 11:40 PM +0900 4/22/03, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
In article <a05100302bac9f5eadec6@[10.0.0.10]>
raub%kudria.com@localhost wrote:

        I just tried and am still having the same problem.  Is there
 any terminal set in the install program that is even dumber (i.e. no
 escape sequences)?  At least thne I would eb able to get this
 installed

Hm, what type of cable are you using for the serial console,
and what settings are you using on your terminal for flow control?

I am really using only a garden-variety db9 to db25 serial cable. It is the same one I use to connect to the serial ports of my SS20, SS1+, and Dec 5000/25. Terminal settings are th usual: 9600 8N1.

Maybe you need the cable mentioned in the NetBSD serial port primer page:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/Hardware/Misc/serial.html
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost

        At thsi point in time, I do not know...

Also, I installed netbsd in the Dec 5000/25 without a hitch -- the vt100 escape sequences worked flawlessly -- using this very serial cable.