Port-newsmips archive

Re: bug fix of boot failure on news3400 (Re: Anybody there?)

At 12:54 AM +0900 4/22/03, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
In article <a05100302bac9b8db712c@[10.0.0.10]>
raub%kudria.com@localhost wrote:

        I found what was going on:  once that problem happened, the
 screen would stop being written to (as in the vt1000 escape commands
 are being ignored or just not being sent anymore).  So, I now have to
 keep pressing the right arrow key to see the text being draw on on
 the screen.

Hmm, it seems there is some problem around flow control.
Could you try to enable crtscts like this?
---
 :
boot device: <unknown>
root on md0a dumps on md0b
WARNING: clock gained 2 days -- CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!
root file system type: ffs
erase ^H, werase ^W, kill ^U, intr ^C, status ^T
Terminal type? [vt100]
Erase is backspace.
(I)nstall, (S)hell or (H)alt ? s
# stty crtscts
# sysinst
---

I saw the similar problem several times, but I don't know
what is the real problem. I guess ZS_DELAY in newsmips/dev/zs_hb.c
might have some clue, but not sure.
---

I just tried and am still having the same problem. Is there any terminal set in the install program that is even dumber (i.e. no escape sequences)? At least thne I would eb able to get this installed