Port-newsmips archive

Re: bug fix of boot failure on news3400 (Re: Anybody there?)

In article <a05100302bac9b8db712c@[10.0.0.10]>
raub%kudria.com@localhost wrote:

>       I found what was going on:  once that problem happened, the
> screen would stop being written to (as in the vt1000 escape commands
> are being ignored or just not being sent anymore).  So, I now have to
> keep pressing the right arrow key to see the text being draw on on
> the screen.

Hmm, it seems there is some problem around flow control.
Could you try to enable crtscts like this?
---
 :
boot device: <unknown>
root on md0a dumps on md0b
WARNING: clock gained 2 days -- CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!
root file system type: ffs
erase ^H, werase ^W, kill ^U, intr ^C, status ^T
Terminal type? [vt100]
Erase is backspace.
(I)nstall, (S)hell or (H)alt ? s
# stty crtscts
# sysinst
---

I saw the similar problem several times, but I don't know
what is the real problem. I guess ZS_DELAY in newsmips/dev/zs_hb.c
might have some clue, but not sure.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost