Port-newsmips archive

bug fix of boot failure on news3400 (Re: Anybody there?)

In article <a05100301ba5e8835bd11@[10.0.0.10]>
raub%kudria.com@localhost wrote:

> At 11:48 PM +0900 1/28/03, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> >I have not got any clue to fix bootloader problem on serial console..
> >1.4L bootloader seems to work, but there are many changes between
> >1.4L and 1.6M. But -current bootloader works fine on news5000 even
> >on serial console.

>       All I can say is I wish I knew how to make a bootloader so I
> could help out.  Unfortunately, in this aspect I am rather like Homer
> Simpson: clueless.

Today I found a (silly) bug and I've committed the fix:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2003/04/19/0006.html

Would you please try a new boot.fs image for newsmips?
http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/boot-newsmips-1.6R.fs.gz

If it works, I'll build a new snapshot.
(Unfortunately, I'm afraid it's too late for 1.6.1-release..)
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost