Port-mipsco archive

Re: RC3330 inappropriate byte order

[...]

You can use elf2ecoff on a running NetBSD Mips based platform (mipsco,
sgimips etc), or use the nbmips-elf2ecoff if you build a toolchain for any
mips based target.
Once you have converted the file to ECOFF format, you will be able to
network boot it.

of course!!! I apologize for this question ... :]

[...]

> For people who don't have a RiscOS partition, is there an issue by putting
> the kernel directly in the vh ?

You can do that, but I doubt whether this is enough space for a full
kernel, you need to install the 2 stage bootloader instead.

You can change the size of the vh, I did it, but I had the byte order problem ...

PS.  Sounds like it's time to build a new snapshot.  I need to integrate
installboot into the toolchain version (so it will cross compile) which
would allow an installkernel to be built again....

--
Wayne Knowles                   NetBSD/mipsco port maintainer
wdk%netbsd.org@localhost                        http://www.netbsd.org