Re: current issues on Octeon (ER-4)

On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 at 22:17:26 +0100, Denis Ovsienko wrote:
On Fri, 09 Jun 2023 17:49:01 -0400
"David H. Gutteridge" <david%gutteridge.ca@localhost> wrote:

Examining the ramdisk build recipe, I saw that bpf wasn't on the list
of device nodes to be created (though dhcpcd is included, and bpf is
enabled in the kernel configuration), so I've now added it.

I'm not able to test this directly, but verified by mounting the
ramdisk images generated before and after this change. Testing would
be appreciated.

Thank you for looking into this Dave.

Unfortunately, I timed out waiting for any requests to test and moved
the hardware from the lab to its production location, so unless somebody
else gets to test the fix first, it could be a few months before I see
this ER-4 again.  If you would like to have the ERLite-3 for tests, let
me know.

Sorry for the delayed response. I've acquired an ERLite-3, but haven't
had time to do anything with it yet. I was curious: I read your earlier
post, and see you'd modified yours to add a fan, did you find that was
generally necessary?

Regards,

Dave