Re: NEC MobilePro 780/790 Round 2

...on 2022-12-28 14:49:46, Michael wrote:

 > > Any dump information?
 > I have gotten several core dumps from programs randomly crashing, but
 > so far only one that doesn't just show "corrupt stack" in gdb. It was the

Looks similar to the problem I had on the z50 (same CPU) from NetBSD 8 on?
7.1.2 was the last release where kernel and userland worked on that
platform (see https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mips/2021/05/08/msg001071.html)

NetBSD 9.x wouldn't boot on the Workpad z50 since it doesn't find the
CF-card storage anymore, and there's no wd0 to boot from (same for 10
and -HEAD).

David Brownlee built a big bunch of historic kernels for me back in 2021
to test which of the problems started when, but I never got around actually
doing that. I've seen they're still up for download, so at least I now
have them all on the z50 CF card so I can try to work up some motivation.

Alex.