Re: Xwsfb on DECstation 5000/133 with PMAGB-B

On Wed, 11 Jan 2023 03:32:26 +0900
Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:

> > XdecNetBSD: screen 0: HX (SFB), 1280x1024
> > X connection to :0.0 broken
>
> I saw this several times. Could you confirm your settings?
>
> - make sure 'ldd /usr/X11R6/bin/XdecNetBSD' shows all linked shlibs
>   are available
> - make sure to extract a whole X11R6 (NetBSD 7.2) xfonts.tgz set
>   (xfonts in /usr/X11R7 don't work)
> - 'ktrace /usr/X11R6/bin/XdecNetBSD' then check kdump(1) output

I ran 'ldd' and the links were all valid. I then tried starting X again and this time it worked, I got the xterms and xclock. I haven't changed anything since the last attempt but the unit has been rebooted a couple of times so it's possible that an X11 related startup process has run now with the X11R6 sets that hadn't run before, or had previously run with the X11R7 sets (fontconfig perhaps?).

Anyway, it's working now with the 7.2 X11R6 sets running on a 10.0_BETA system.

Thanks,
George