Re: Xwsfb on DECstation 5000/133 with PMAGB-B

On Wed, 4 Jan 2023 11:26:53 +0900
Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:

> >   sfb0 at tc0 slot 0 offset 0x0: 1280x1024, 8bpp
> >   wsdisplay0 at sfb0 kbdmux 1
> >
> > Is there a more recent kernel version and/or X server that I should try?
>
> Old X11R6 based XdecNetBSD server binaries might work even on
> NetBSD/pmax 9.3 (at least on GXemul emulating 3MAX and cfb(4)).

I've tried a few more permutations:

NetBSD 7.2 X11R6 sets on a 9.99.92 system, X starts then immediately quits, monitor shows:

XdecNetBSD: screen 0: HX (SFB), 1280x1024
X connection to :0.0 broken

NetBSD 10.0_BETA with the included Xorg, the X server and ctwm both start without any obvious errors but the monitor says 'no input signal' and goes blank.

NetBSD 5.1 with XdecNetBSD (an old installation I had on a spare disk), X works.

Is there any debug I can enable that might help with finding out why Xorg on 10.0 doesn't work on my PMAGB-B?

George