Re: NEC MobilePro 780/790 Round 2

> 2022年12月24日 20:14,Michael Grayson <allstarzero%gmail.com@localhost> 写道:
>
> Good afternoon,

Hi,

I don’t know much about VR series processors but I should be able to help with general MIPS stuff.

> Some may remember me posting last year about trying to get 9.1 installed on a NEC MobilePro 780
> (MIPS VR4121 processor) and encountering a number of issues. I've seen several posts on
> various forums recently about some folks now trying to get 9.3 installed on the nearly identical
> 790 and encountering the same constellation of issues. I have tried again myself and come to the same conclusions as before- after version 4, bugs

Any link to previous attempts? I’d like to know what went wrong.

> have crept in for this hardware/architecture including suspend/resume no longer working and
> more recently even sysinst failing and kernel cores. I would like to revive the discussion and
> ask the gurus here how to proceed with identifying the issues in a way that might allow
> them to be fixed. We now have several people willing to test and report findings etc. Please let me know how best to proceed. Thank you!

Suspend and resume are rather hard to debug, in many cases the kernel just stuck at some point
and you have no way to know where it is because it is to early to make any output. Do you have access
to serial port?

Meanwhile kernel cores should be easy to sort out as long as there is a backtrace.

Btw I’ve got a NEC Sigmarion which have the same processor, I’m still struggling to get NetBSD
boot. It comes with a Japanese only Windows CE. I thought I should be able to interpret Japanese
via Kanji but I’m wrong….

Thanks
- Jiaxun