NEC MobilePro 780/790 Round 2

Good afternoon,

Some may remember me posting last year about trying to get 9.1 installed on a NEC MobilePro 780
 (MIPS VR4121 processor) and encountering a number of issues. I've seen several posts on
 various forums recently about some folks now trying to get 9.3 installed on the nearly identical
 790 and encountering the same constellation of issues. I have tried again myself and come to the same conclusions as before- after version 4, bugs
 have crept in for this hardware/architecture including suspend/resume no longer working and
 more recently even sysinst failing and kernel cores. I would like to revive the discussion and
 ask the gurus here how to proceed with identifying the issues in a way that might allow
 them to be fixed. We now have several people willing to test and report findings etc. Please let me know how best to proceed. Thank you!