Re: Committing code to evbmips?

> 2022年11月24日 02:46,Simon Burge <simonb%NetBSD.org@localhost> 写道:
>
> Hi Jiaxun, Jason,
>
> Jason Thorpe wrote:
>
>>> On Nov 23, 2022, at 8:20 AM, Jiaxun Yang <jiaxun.yang%flygoat.com@localhost> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Recently I submitted a patch fixing evbmips/malta platform, now it
>>> can boot on both real hardware and QEMU.  I submitted the patch
>>> on port-evbmips/57085 but didn't heard anything back, is it the
>>> proper way to submit code for review?
>>>
>>> A little bit about my plan, after malta QEMU boot being fixed I
>>> think we can add it to Anita and get some test coverage.  I'm a
>>> student working part time for a company making MIPS processors so
>>> I familiar with MIPS stuff and would like to expand evbmips port
>>> to other platforms like MIPS Boston evaluation board and upcoming
>>> MIPS VirtIO platform, probably start A new sub-port like evbmips/uhi
>>> which act as a general evbmips target for all platforms using MIPS
>>> UHI booting protocol (i.e.  Standardised FDT).
>>>
>>> After that I may look into supporting newer MIPS ISA releases like
>>> MIPS R6, and improve N64 ABI usage in NetBSD.
>>>
>>> Any comments are appreciated.
>>
>> Hi Jiaxun - thanks for raising the flag on this one - I just reviewed
>> at the patch, and it looks good to me.  I'll see about integrating it
>> in the next day or two (unless simonb objects).

Hi,

> I saw this patch, but wanted to test on either a 4Kc or 25Kf Malta
> first.  We've had problems with GXemul and real hardware behaving
> subtly differently in the past.

I’ve tested against a 4Kc variant malta (CoreLV).
I don’t have access to 25Kf or Bonito one. I only have access to SOC-IT
based malta for interAptiv.

We switched to Boston board for newer cores.

> I also have some code somewhere for Bonito support alongside existing
> GT64120 support.  I should dig that out again.
>
> I had wanted to get N64 using hardware FP by default instead of
> softfloat.  I just haven't gotten around to that :/  I haven't
> looked at R6 at all, nor really looked at UHI either.
>
> Is there something active with a full "virt" QEMU target?  Reinoud
> Zandijk did some work to add virtio support to the current MIPPSIM
> target but I understand the QEMU folks didn't want to change mipssim but
> add a new target.

Yep, I’ve sent out RFC patch[1]. It’s using UHI boot protocol and it’s capable for
Boot Linux generic kernel for now.
I’m going to do some write up for it.

Thanks

[1]: https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/qemu-devel/list/?series=698965