Re: Missing X binary

On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 at 08:56, nia <nia%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 04, 2021 at 03:24:11PM +1100, matthew green wrote:
> > > - Xorg 1.10 is missing the uxterm binary used by the default ctwmrc
> > > (which is _really_ annoying, if trivial to workaround)
> >
> > nia?
>
> I would be interested in adding uxterm (it's just a simple shell script,
> and the process of adding it would probably be easier than adding
> conditions to all of my scripts...) but I can't find where uxterm
> is possibly not-compiled for the older xorg.
>
> I thought the older xorg was just an older server, with the client
> parts all the same :/

Right now it only affects alpha, netwinder, sgimips & vax (plus pmax
in my tree), but it does leave them with a ctwm which cannot not open
a Terminal window.

Obviously the ideal world would be to get everything on 1.20 Xorg, but
its probably worth getting uxterm in the 1.10 dist (as that could also
be trivially pulled up into 9.x)

It's on my list for when I get my initial changes committed, but I
would obviously be very happy if someone else wants to get out a mask
& torch and start exploring in that area :)

Thanks

David