Re: Z50 - "wsdisplay_console_initted < 2" panic on hpcmips HEAD

...on Fri, May 28, 2021 at 11:38:44PM +0200, Alexander Bochmann wrote:

 > ...on Thu, May 27, 2021 at 10:04:37PM +0200, Alexander Bochmann wrote:
 >  > I think I'll quickly try to build a kernel with NBIVIDEO, just to see
 >  > what happens.
 > Heh no, that's not it.

After some trial and error with kernel build options, it turns out
that the console doesn't seem to get initialized at all when bivideo
is excluded (and having pseudo-device biconsdev is required too).

bicons doesn't seem to be used elsewhere besides hpc machines, so
if it's involved with the problem, it wouldn't show up anywhere else -
but on the other hand I can't see it calling *_cnattach, at least not
in an obvious way, so I'm most probably looking in the wrong direction
with this.

I also built a HEAD kernel that drops anything that's not used by the
Z50 hardware, and the panic still occurs.

Alex.