Re: IBM Workpad z50 dmesg collection

...on Sun, May 23, 2021 at 03:42:58PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:

 > Re the pcmcia issue, as Jason has fixed the ifattr attach issue,
 > tomorrow's nyftp HEAD build may give more information, plus if you

As I wrote off list, HEAD as of 2021-05-23 boots when using the
serial console after the latest changes (yay!), but panics in
wsdisplay.c on the local screen.

 > have time to test some of the 2018-2020 test kernels to see when it
 > was introduced I can fill in more builds in whatever gap that
 > identifies.

2020-01-01 is the first from that batch that doesn't recognize wd0 as
a boot device. Before looks fine in that regard. Didn't find the time
to go back using the older kernels yet. Depending on the state of the
system, power and batteries have to be removed to boot back into Windows
CE and restart from there...

 > Thanks again for taking the time to run the tests to try to help
 > narrow this down :)

Thank you for providing something to test with in the first place!

(Though I should really hold back guesses at what might be wrong
with my limited understanding of the environment. Sorry for
that noise.)

Alex.