Re: 9.1 unusable on cobalt qube 2

Indeed, I also have good experience with Memory Ten -> http://kennywest.blogspot.com/2010/02/story-of-cobalt-qube.html
Those days I was trying to get Debian installed on that machine ... worked, but I experienced serious problems with IO. netbsd proved much stabeler (http://kennywest.blogspot.com/2012/04/using-qube-as-nas-device-1.html) and it is currently still running that old version from 2012 ... I haven't tried (dare) to upgrade it to a more recent version like the original poster, but I am keeping an eye on this thread to see if it works out ;)

----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
Van: "Erik Fair" <fair%netbsd.org@localhost>
Aan: "Jonathan Stone" <kiwi_jonathan%yahoo.com@localhost>
Cc: "Jason Thorpe" <thorpej%me.com@localhost>, port-mips%netbsd.org@localhost
Verzonden: Woensdag 9 december 2020 07:53:33
Onderwerp: Re: 9.1 unusable on cobalt qube 2

MemoryX (“Memory Ten”) has been around since 1995, stocking RAM for all kinds of older systems with proprietary RAM - they’re based in Santa Clara, California, USA (Silicon Valley).

https://www.memoryx.com/companyinfo.html <https://www.memoryx.com/companyinfo.html>

Their web site tends to be high web search engine hit for all kinds of different RAM and they publish pretty good specifications (not just part numbers), which can be handy for research. I’ve done business with them off & on for many years in part because one of the best things you can do to make “old” hardware perform as well as possible is to max-out system RAM.

	Erik Fair