Re: NEEDED: -current user willing to test some low-level kernel changes

Hello,

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 22:01:06 -0700
Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hey folks...
>
> I have low-level kernel changes that touch every platform that I need help testing.  More info here:
>
> 	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2019/02/23/msg024690.html
>
> I've tested them myself on several platforms (amd64, i386, arm, aarch64, sparc, vax), but need help with some others.
>
> This is where you come in!  I'm looking for a volunteer running -current who is willing to:
>
> a) boot a kernel that I'll provide (you choose the color!)
> b) run an ATF unit test that I'll also provide
> c) report the results to me
> d) iterate to fix bugs uncovered by the test as necessary
>
> Tell me which platform you can test on, and if not GENERIC, send me a
> kernel config file.  Make sure you tell me 32/64 x big/little so I
> can build the right thing (easy to lose track with all those eval
> boards out there!).

I've got an SGI Indy R5k in working shape. Currently installed is an
n32 userland and kernel, so GENERIC64_32_IP2x should do it, and -m
sgimips64 for userland stuff.

I should probably dust off the gdium too, that one would be
evbmips/LOONGSON, evbmips64el. May need -mcpu=loongson2f ( or -mips3 )
for userland code, I'm not sure which MIPS variety is the default these
days.

have fun
Michael