Re: Latest mips/evbmips observations

Hello,

On Thu, 01 May 2014 08:08:01 +1000
matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost> wrote:

> > Changed behavior:
> >
> > > X server:  the undefined symbol issues seem to have been resolved, but
> > > now the server complains that it can't load the "int10" module, saying
> >
> > Once again failing due to an undefined symbol.  Side effect of gcc48?
>
> you probably don't want "int10" on non-x86, IIRC?

At the very least failing to load the module should be non-fatal.

> > (==) Using default built-in configuration (12 lines)
> > (EE) Failed to load /usr/X11R7/lib/modules/drivers/siliconmotion_drv.so:
> > /usr/X11R7/lib/modules/drivers/siliconmotion_drv.so: Undefined symbol
> > "exaOffscreenF
> > ree" (symnum = 101)
> > (EE) Failed to load module "siliconmotion" (loader failed, 7)
> > (EE) No drivers available.
>
> interesting; this symbol shouild be provided by the Xorg server itself.
>
> Mac, this reminds me of a PPC issue we've seen?

Hmm, I don't remember that one. I do remember having issues like that
on AIX where symbols provided by the main binary itself needed special
treatment ( had to be explicitly exported and such )

But that one should have come from the EXA module IIRC.

have fun
Michael