Re: Can't compile longson kernels

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 09:16:10AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 11:29:41PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > commited, but I don't think an upstream ticket is appropriate:
> > this is a local patch, nothing is broken upstream.
> > I don't think this hack would be accepted upstream either ...
>
> I don't get it - either the warning is bogus and the fix is appropriate
> for an upstream ticket, or we need to look deeper for the real error.

The warning is not bogus, and there's no real error either.
The loongson jump fix does really replace a jump instruction with
multiple instructions that ends with a jump. This hack in our local source
is because we (NetBSD) don't want the warning in this specific case
(but we do want it if other macros cause one instruction to
be remplaced by multiple instructions). The alternatives are to
remove -mfix-loongson2f-jump (but then the hardware may hang) or
remove --fatal-warnings (but then we don't get errors when other
macros may cause real issues).