re: libgmp missing ?

> hello,
> running a build.sh targetting i386 on a current mips64 platform (evbmips),
> I ended up with:
> checking whether gcc __attribute__ ((mode (XX))) works... yes
> checking for recent GMP... yes
> checking for __gmpz_init in -lgmp... no
> configure: error: libgmp not found or uses a different ABI.
> Please read the INSTALL file -- see "In case of problem".
> *** [.configure_done] Error code 1
>
> it looks like there's no libgmp on evbmips64 (neither o32, n32 or n64).
> Is it expected ?

probably similar to the macosx build issues others have seen.  can
you see what default ABI gmp is building (src/tools/gmp), and then
see what difference it has to mpfr (src/tools/mpfr).

the config.log files in each build dir should be useful.  could you
make them available somewhere?  possibly we need to patch gmp for
mips64 to use default not -64.

libgmp is not installed by netbsd by default; we only build and
link against static versions for the in-tree compiler.  any other
user of these needs their own copy, and this is what is failing
for you.

.mrg.