Re: loongson2f: evbmips or new port ?

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 09:12:33AM +1000, matthew green wrote:

> unless you absolutely can't fit it into evbmips, please put it there.
>
> wrt the loongson workarounds, how about we worry about that if there
> are systems we end up supporting that have those bugs?

My system needs -mfix-loongson2f-jump or -mfix-loongson2f-btb for
kernel. It doens't seem to suffer from the -fix-loongson2f-nop problem.

> i think you should be able to build a specific installer for this
> system in distrib if necessary, but if a generic image can be used
> simply by adding a couple of tools that don't break other systems
> that seems a better idea.

Sure. My main problem is the disklabel issue. As it is right now,
all evbmips system have to share the same machine/disklabel.h and
I don't know at this time if it's useable for loongson (if the existing
evbmips disklabel.h is compatible with mbr).