Re: standard runtime for (possible/hopeful) 64bit kernels

Simon uses n32 nomenculture instead of writing N32.  It's a good
practice, and I can provide here a bit of history.

A bit of history every now and then never hurts!

I'm rehashing my memory and remembered some this time.
When DEC wanted to have Alpha compiler they had little time
to develop it from scratch.  People who is serious about CPU
history know that Alpha insn set was modeled after R4000.
DEC picked MIPS Co Ucode complier "binaries" and translated
them into another form which could run on newly fabricated
Alpha processor.  I need to dig out Digital Technical Journal to
endorse my gray matters ...

Toru Nishimura / ALKYL Technology