Re: standard runtime for (possible/hopeful) 64bit kernels

n32 is a 64-bit ABI - you _need_ a 64-bit integer MIPS III CPU or
greater (except of course MIPS32).

Simon uses n32 nomenculture instead of writing N32.  It's a good
practice, and I can provide here a bit of history.

n64/n32/o32 is a SGI defined terminology when the company finally
released their own compiler set.  Until then IRIX used MIPS Co Ucode
compiler kit, which was known technologically unsuited for post-R4000
processor.  The reason?  Ucode compiler was written in Pascal w/
tremendous use of goto's, and few was able to maintainance/enhance
for the new generation of MIPS processors.  The same compiler suite
was used for Alpha set which was replaced later with DEC GEM written
from vacume.  The reason why DEC did so was the same as SGI.

Anyway, the invention of o64 sounds evil to me since it would make
ABI issue worse.

Toru Nishimura / ALKYL Technology