Re: Prod kernel hangs on mac mini

On Sat, Nov 11, 2023 at 02:05:22 +1300, Alex King wrote:

> production kernel it panics.  ofwboot prints some messages, then the kernel
> boots and prints a couple of maybe normal lines about memory regions, then
> comes a "trap" in ISI...
>
> Stuff scrolls past pretty quick, I get a bunch of "Faulted in DDB,
> continuing", and then stuff about tracebacks and skipping crash dump on
> recursive panic scrolls repeatedly.

I don't think I tried 9 series, my shell mini still runs 8 and my test
mini runs 10, but I don't think 9 had any major problems.

As a random thought - try using ofwboot.elf instead of ofwboot.xcf -
some memory mapping numerology might be at play here (different kernel
size, compressed, etc - PRs 44895, 49907).

-uwe