Re: Would a USB NetBSD/macppc install image be feasible

Hello,

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 17:34:49 +0000
David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:

> It sounds like its possible to boot from USB on a number of macppc
> models - even if its only a subset it would make it substantially
> easier for many people.
>
> http://ben-collins.blogspot.com/2010/08/booting-your-ibook-g4-from-usb-stick.html?m=1
>
> What would it take to make a USB image from which a macppc could boot?

Hmm, the ones that can boot from USB are all OF 3 or newer, so in
theory they could just read the loader from an ISO, FAT of HFS
filesystem. We would likely need some extra code to find the boot
device from an OF path pointing at a USB stick, but that should be it.

have fun
Michael