Re: Fighting with a Performa 6400

On Fri, 24 May 2019 at 14:07, Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
Hello,

On Thu, 23 May 2019 11:32:43 -0400
Henry Bent <henry.r.bent%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Open Firmware cannot interact meaningfully with the internal CD-ROM in its
> default configuration (SCSI ID 3).  Any/all attempts to boot from it, list
> a directory, etc. will cause the machine to hang.  I changed it to SCSI ID
> 0 and now I can attempt to boot from it,

Nice, I didn't think of that. I ended up preparing the harddisk in
another machine...

I had thought of that as a last resort.  My feeling was that there must be an easier way.

> but I always get:
> --
> OF_open bootpath=scsi/sd@0
> read stage 2 blocks: 0. done!
> starting stage 2...
>
> >> NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.12 (Tue Jul 17 14:59:51 UTC
> 2018)
> no active packageno active packageDEFAULT CATCH!, code=FFF00300 at   %SRR0:
> 00E01F44   %SRR1: 00003070
> --
> despite any/all attempts to set the boot-device and boot-file, auto
> booting, trying to boot again after failing, etc.

Did you set load-base and real-base?

I get the same error regardless of the load-base and real-base settings; I tried it with the defaults and with 600000/F00000.

-Henry