Re: Package binaries for NetBSD/powerpc pkgsrc-2017Q2

Havard Eidnes <he%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>I've now completed a build cycle for pkgsrc-2017Q2 for powerpc on
>NetBSD/macppc 6.1, 7.1 and 8.0_BETA (where I've cheated and
>marked it as 8.0 even though it's built with the beta).

[snip]

>Some notable absences:
> * None of the openjdk versions have a working bootstrap, so
>   packages wanting "proper Java" are not built either.  Perhaps
>   most notable here is LibreOffice.  I may look closer at this,
>   but no promises.

I'm guessing that one first step to get a bootstrap JDK could be to get
some working packages for Linux emulation.

I have some packages in my local pkgsrc tree to install a minimal Debian
tree, I will check whether they need updating. I created them to be able
to test out Linux emulation for ARM as this wasn't an architecture
supported by Suse.

Robert Swindells