Re: Installing NetBSD on an iBook G4

> Do NOT use pdisk.  I was unable to convince OFW to recognize the FAT
> partition if Apple partition table was present, so you want disk to
> use MBR.

Hm, maybe I don't understand the conditions of this advice.
On one of my "boots only NetBSD" Mac Minis, I used pdisk, and I'm
using this layout:

Command (? for help): p

Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/rwd0c'
 #:                type name           length   base      ( size )
 1: Apple_partition_map Apple              63 @ 1
 2:           Apple_HFS Boot            40960 @ 64        ( 20.0M)
 3:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 NetBSD-root    409600 @ 41024     (200.0M) S0 RUFS k0  /
 4:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 NetBSD-swap   2662400 @ 450624    (  1.3G) S1  SFS k0  (swap)
 5:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 NetBSD-var    8388608 @ 3113024   (  4.0G)
 6:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 NetBSD-usr  301080176 @ 11501632  (143.6G) S2  UFS k0  /usr

Device block size=512, Number of Blocks=312581808 (149.1G)
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0

Offhand I can't exactly remember the details of what I put in
each partion, but I suspect my ofwboot.xcf went into the
Apple_HFS partition.

Regards,

- Håvard