Re: port-macppc officially dead

Hello,

On Fri, 13 May 2016 03:18:38 +0200
Christian Groessler <chris%groessler.org@localhost> wrote:

> On 05/13/16 01:20, Michael wrote:
> > "as far as John Klos is concerned"
>

> In defense of John Klos I have to say that I almost got the same impression.

Well, apparently Martin and I are the only ones left who still gives
half a crap about macppc, and I have a few hours a week, at most, not
necessarily in one chunk, and plenty of other stuff to deal with.

> See for example PR50228, or PR49907/PR44895 (for which
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2015/02/16/msg002180.html
> might give a clue).

I don't know about the bzero issue and I've never been able to
reproduce the boot problem - I did a fresh -current install on a Pismo
a few months ago, no ofwboot.xcf problems. I'll check if the suggested
change has any negative impact elsewhere.

> For the other problem, I've auctioned a "stealth serial port" for my
> PowerMac last month and intend to do some investigations, as
> apparently no one else wants to do them...

Current -current has a whole bunch of other issues, likely related to
the binutils and gcc updates.

have fun
Michael