Re: port-macppc officially dead

Hi,

Officially? What does it mean?

NetBSD-6.1 used to work for me to work with almost one year uptime. It
was interrupted only because of UPS going out of power.

Sorry - that was meant to come across as dead to me, not "officially" dead. I should've chosen my words better.

NetBSD-6 had issues on G4 systems where math was screwed up. Probaby corruption on context switching which may night have affected older processors. NetBSD-7, after the math issue was fixed, has always had the tstile issue.

Whereas I had my system up with NetBSD-5 for several years with downtime only due to moving or failed disks, NetBSD-7 is not usable. I would never put a macppc machine in a datacenter.

MIPS, too, had some changes from which it has never recovered. Sigh.

John