Re: startx fails on Clamshell iBook with wsfb

On 2014-02-11, 12:02, i3enedek%neomailbox.net@localhost wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 07:33:38PM -0500, Michael wrote:
> > Why do you want wsfb? The mach64 driver should support this chip and
> > configure itself automatically, without an xorg.conf.
>
> The only way I've managed to be able to use mach64 was with the
> NoAccel option otherwise the display ends up being undisplayable. So
> that would be a good reason to have a config.

With mach64, X -config gives me purple, green and gray stripes on the
background. Thanks for the tip with NoAccel, if I add it, X -config
works. The same is true for the ati driver (with acceleration: colour
stripes, without, normal gray background).  But with both drivers,
mach64 and ati, startx behaves like with wsfb:  I get a black screen
for a second, then I'm thrown back to the console.

Joshua